Thursday, January 15, 2009

harumph.



I had high hopes for 2009, and so far things haven't been going as planned. I don't expect things to go swimmingly, nor do I think 2008 was the worst year I will have. It's hard to summarize a year being either good or bad. I'm not totally ruling out 2009 yet... obviously, as it's a whopping 2 weeks into it, but come ON. These have been a rough two weeks.

I hate January. I hate the start of a year. After the holidays and good cheer, it's buckling down and budgeting and watching the weight and is it spring yet?

One of the 'positive' things I am focusing on this year (besides saving money, dieting, working out, blah blah) is updating my clothing. Actually getting a style. In no way am I saying what I'm wearing today is "stylish"... but I like when I put some effort into it besides jeans and a top of some sort. But I guess this is what i would normally wear except it's a corduroy skirt instead of jeans. Baby steps.

How's your 2009 going so far?

3 comments:

. said...

I will say that the first two weeks of 2009 are much better than the first two weeks of 2008. But I'm just hoping the crappy parts of this year so far are just residuals left over from 2008.

Cheers, 2009! We're all rooting for you!

Vitamin B-Lardo said...

I didn't know you were going through crappy times....

what's the matter?

court said...

we will have to get lago's sometime and i can vent over some wine. :)

overall, i'm fine. just have my days of being down. i blame this weather.